Saturday, April 14, 2012

Passing on Family Traditions

My grandfather had honey bees and I have very vivid childhood memories of a kitchen filled with 5 gallon buckets coved with cheese cloth with honey straining through.  I remember the sweet taste of that childhood honey, it was magical.  I love the fact that my dad now sits with my daughter passing down his own father’s  passion to his granddaughter.  My daughter has suddenly become me, although I think she has a far great interest that I did.  I was just in it for the sweet stuff, she wants to know all about the bees and the process.

 

203

 

She has a God given love for all creatures great and small.

 

219

 

 

I am still in it for the magical sweet stuff but I am also enjoying capturing our family history through my lens.

 

220

 

I am so thankful for Family Tradition,

 

Cha Cha

No comments:

Post a Comment