Monday, April 9, 2012

Our First Honey Bees

 

On March 30th we got our first

 Honey Bees.

 

They seem to bee (ha) settling in nicely to their new colorful home.

We have 3 hives with about 20,000 bees each.

 

184

 

This is an exciting new adventure here at the farm for us.

 

 

187189

 

 

199

 

Over the next few weeks we will be adding  more bees to  several more locations.

 

200

 

We hope to have a small amount of honey by Fall and then increase our number of bees and amount of honey as the years go by.

 

206

 

I am hoping to get an invitation to the pick up of the next batch of bees,

so far it is a Granddad/Granddaughter only event.

I will keep my fingers crossed and hope they let me tag along with my camera.

 

207

 

I would love to get pictures of the pick up and maybe even some shots of them being released.

209

 

 

210

 

 

211

 

 

214

 

I am loving the picture of the the guy on the left in mid-flight.

 

218

 

Hope you are outside enjoying this beautiful spring weather,

Cha Cha

No comments:

Post a Comment